Location – Catford (SE6)
Hours – 35 Hours Per week
Full time – All Year Round & Term Time Shifts Available
Probation – 3 months
Pay – Negotiable depending on experience
Two satisfactory relevant references
Satisfactory DBS disclosure check
My client based in Catford is looking for a couple of experienced and qualified nursery practitioners to join her team. They’re a nursery that are active all year round but they are willing to even take on candidates that can only work term time to accommodate with childcare.
• To understand children’s development, their needs, and the provision of positive play
• To demonstrate a genuine care for children.
• To care for and supervise the group of children assigned to them.
• To always ensure their safety.
• To take an interest in the children and their families, always treat them as individuals and with respect.
• To create an interesting and stimulating environment for the child to develop all their skills. To always provide a warm and caring environment for babies and to be as consistent as possible regarding that environment.
• To provide support for any children with special needs and to liaise with senior members of staff to promote their welfare and development
• To ensure positive management of children’s behaviour.
• To carry out housekeeping duties as appropriate.
• To ensure the ethos, implementation, and legal requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
• To support a commitment to the theory and practice of equal opportunities.
• To ensure an adherence to the health and safety policy relating to the provision of play.
• To support senior members of staff to ensure put appropriate Child Protection procedures into practice.
• To ensure that all information pertaining to Hopscotch, its operation, children, staff, and parents remains confidential.
• To support all coordinators eg, senco and equal opportunities in their duties.
• To be flexible and adaptable, to assist in all areas of nursery work and to provide support for other members of staff.
• To assist in the keeping of development records and observations, and accident, incident, and risk assessment records as appropriate
• To be able to think and act quickly in a stressful or emergency, and to be aware of the correct procedures.
• To attend staff meetings and training courses as directed by managers.
• To work as part of that team and contribute positively to the staff team. To provide a role model of good practice to other members of staff.
• To go about your duties with a positive and enthusiastic attitude – to be organised, efficient, confident, hardworking and conscientious.
• To promote at all times good relations between staff members, parents and children, and at all times promote the good name and ethos of Mini Munchkins.
• To cover any other staff responsibilities as appropriate at the request of the Manager, particularly taking into account that unforeseen situations can occur when looking after children, and that the child’s care and welfare is paramount at all times.