Our client is based in Canada Water is on the hunt for a new nursery manager to take up the reins of its school.
In that you will be responsible for:
- Achieving a Good – Outstanding grading with Ofsted and achieving the same under assessments from our external quality assurance consultants on a termly basis
- Ensuring that the school always operates in line with the EYFS statutory Framework and supporting compliance documentation (Early Years inspectors Handbook / compliance handbook / safeguarding children in education) and in line with our policies and procedures
- Delivers on the teaching and learning intentions in our bilingual early years curriculum and on the developmental assessments of Birth to Five Matters
- The commercial targets of the school – 85% occupancy and budget targets on revenue / expenditures to generate the profitability targets for the school as a whole.
- Strategic partnerships with key stakeholders – primary schools; private schools; local authorities; regulators and other partners who are gatekeepers to the parent community in and around the area
- Direct marketing and engagement with your wider community to best represent the school and its offer
- Securing 85% positive approvals from the staff team you manage and the parents you serve (existing customers and show around feedback assessments)
This is your school. On the assumption that you pass probation and achieve the above KPI targets on profitability, occupancy and performance, you will be invited to become a company director of the business that operates the school, assuming share options within that business so that as the profitability of the school increases, so does your earn out. We don’t understand why School management teams – the people who deliver the value of a school – are divorced from the management of or the profits from the company that delivers the school. With us, you’ll have a seat at the table and an ability to see and benefit from what you generate
The school is located on the grounds of a nature reserve in Lavender park and so benefits from a unique asset on its grounds: a nature reserve for forest school and outdoor learning. And the building itself is substantial – 11,000 square feet – so could easily exceed 100 FTE places should the school hit target. Given the size of the building, we’ve had to erect a modular play space internally until the school reaches size for us to build out into the surrounding environment, which we hope to in the near future.
The school currently delivers care for 48 FTE children (places for 24 pre-schoolers and 24 babies under 2) between 07:30 and 18:30, Monday to Friday, 51 weeks a year. We currently slate 3 days / year for inset training and are closed from the 23rd December through to the New Year.
You will take up leadership of a team that includes:
- Preschool: a Deputy Manager (Montessori); a qualified teacher and an apprentice
- Babies: a Room leader, qualified teacher and an apprentice
- A full time float
What we can do for you:
- Starting post induction cash bonus of £200
- Post probation bonus of £200
- Referral bonuses of £250 for new staff
- Employee of the Month rewards
- Competitive salaries benchmarked to be higher than the competition
- Annual pay reviews
- Additional days holiday for each year’s service
- Days off on your birthday
- 1 hour non contact time / week for key persons
- 2 hours non contact time / week for room leaders
- Full sick pay for staff who are with the company for a year
- Unlimited CPD Training programmes to further your expertise
- Private Pension schemes
- Monthly team social
Required Qualifications & Certificates:
- Relevant Level 3 Childcare Childcare qualification of above
- Advanced Safeguarding / Food Hygiene and Paediatric First Aid
- SEN qualifications / training certificates
- Health & Safety training certificates
- Probation: 6 months
- Holiday :25 days exclusive of bank holidays
- Contract Type : Full time permanent contract
- Progression: Company Director
To Apply for this role, please submit your CV and one our recruitment team will be in touch for a telephone screening.