Role: Nursery Chef needed for Long-term/Permanent position
Hours: 25 hours per week – Monday – Friday – 9.00 am – 2.00 pm
NVQ Level 2 professional catering qualifications
Level 2 Food and Hygiene
First Aid Certificate
Experience in catering preferred but not essential
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To take sole responsibility for the cleanliness of the kitchen, including but not exclusive to floors, surfaces, cupboards, fridges, freezers, and oven, including the utility room and downstairs toilet.
- To hold a minimum of level 2 Food Hygiene certificate or similar
- To ensure that all food online ordering is completed by Friday afternoon and be responsible for all food and cleaning equipment ordering.
- To ensure that food ordering is kept within nursery budget and there is no food wastage.
- To prepare a 4-week rolling menu, which should be updated according to season and availability of produce and provide a balanced and varied diet for the children.
- To keep records of food served, cleaning done, fridge and freezer and food temperatures.
- To prepare all snacks and lunches and serve.
- To ensure that all food is prepared and ready for days off, including after school club if applicable.
- To ensure that the dietary requirements of all children is known and understood. Liaison with room leaders is essential for this.
- All food is to be cooked from fresh.
- To ensure that all records are kept up to date including but not exclusive to daily menu sheets, food hygiene record book, fridge and freezer temperature records, food probe temperatures. In addition, be responsible for monitoring and controlling food and household goods.
- To liaise with management on a regular basis regarding any food issues.
- To help ensure that the nursery meets safety and Hygiene requirements and to report any issues to a senior member of staff
- To ensure training is kept up to date.
- To be aware of and comply with all policies and procedures including Safeguarding, Child protection, Confidentiality Procedures and Equal Opportunities
Experience and skills – Essential
- Ability to cook a varied and nutritious menu
- Be able to write a 4-week rolling menu (our menus are based on good home cooked food)
- Ability to take initiative
- Be able to cook to a budget
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Be a good team player that is adaptable
- Excellent hygiene practice
All applicants would be subjected to a DBS check, proof of documentation and screening questions before we arrange an interview with our client.
If interested please send over your CV.