Job Title: Team Leader
Location : Southgate
Reporting to: Nursery Manager
Overall Purpose: To work individually and as part of a team under the direction of the Nursery Manager to ensure the total care of children through planning, organising and implementation of childcare activities
• Awareness of physical, intellectual, social, emotional and cultural needs of the children
• Working knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Curriculum
• Planning, preparing and organising purposeful and stimulating age appropriate activities
• Monitor the completion of children’s developmental and observation records
• Operating a Key Person system, liaising with parents, carers and senior staff regarding the development of the children within their care.
Submitting observations and reports as required
• Ensuring the premises are clean and tidy and comply at all times with the requirements of legislation
• Promote an anti – racist and anti – sexist atmosphere
• Provide a safe and secure homelike environment for the children within your care
• Participating in regular staff meetings, these are held in the evenings
• Maintaining awareness of current childcare practice and legislation attending training as necessary
• Such other duties within the competencies of the postholder, which may reasonably be required from time to time.
Hours: 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per annum.
Leave: 28 days per annum. Paid public holidays are counted as part of annual leave entitlement, along with the Christmas closure period. We are closed from 24 December until the next working day after New Year’s day.
Flexibility: Please note that given the need for flexibility in order to meet the changing requirements, the duties/location of this post and the role of the postholder may be changed after consultation.
Title: Team Leader
Experience of providing preschool play in an urban, multi – cultural daycare environment. Minimum 1 year experience as Team Leader
Education and Training
Qualification of which a substantial part is devoted to early childhood development e.g. NVQ level III in Early Education, NNEB, BTec,or an Early Years Degree
Team Leader experience
Sufficient to understand and write reports
Ability to use Microsoft Windows & childcare observation applications
Other Skills and Aptitudes
Ability to communicate with children, parents, staff and other professionals
Ability to assess, plan and implement work programmes for under 8’s
Ability to offer positive play experiences to the Early Years Curriculum
Ability to work as an active team member
Ability to keep accurate records
Other Job Specific Requirements
Acceptance of responsibility towards the practical application of equal opportunities
Awareness and knowledge of the Children Act 1989 as it affects daycare for the under 8’s
Able to attend evening meetings
Flexible and adaptable
Friendly and approachable
High level of motivation
The post for which you are applying is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and requires an Enhanced Disclosure. You are therefore required to disclose details of any criminal record. ALL criminal conviction, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, even if they would otherwise be regarded as spent under this Act must be disclosed. For Enhanced Disclosure, you must also disclose any other information that may have a bearing on your suitability for the post, including pending prosecutions. The Nursery will obtain an Enhanced Disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau before your appointment is confirmed.
Further information on Disclosure is available form http://www.disclosure.gov.uk
Failure to disclose a conviction, caution, reprimand or final warning or any other information may disqualify you from appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light after taking up
employment with the Nursery. Only relevant convictions and other information will be taken into account so disclosure need not necessarily be a bar to obtaining this position.
Nursery – additional leave/bonus relating to years of employment and other benefits
Leave year starts 1 September, eligibility for additional holiday entitlement is on the completed years of employment
• 2 years employment – you will be given an additional 1 day holiday
• 4 years employment – you will be given an additional 2 days holiday
• 5 years employment celebration – you will be awarded a spa day for 2 people, hour long treatment of your choice each followed by afternoon tea and you will be given the day off to enjoy this treat. This additional day will then be added to your annual leave entitlement for future years
• 7 years employment – you will be given an additional day
• The incremental increase in annual leave results in 5 extra days after 7 years of employment’
• 10 years employment you will be give a £1000.00 bonus in your pay the month of your 10th year
Annual pay increases are received
Birthdays are celebrated with a card and flowers
Each member of staff will be given half day for Christmas shopping during November and December. For equality, names will be picked out of hat to provide date/AM or PM.
A minimum of 2 social staff events per year paid.