Applicants of nursery teacher assistant jobs have the sole duty of assisting Nursery teachers in helping with children’s education and daily development. They also extend to all the personnel involved in raising a child. These are some requirements recruiters have for applicants for nursery teacher assistant jobs.
Aside from two satisfactory relevant references, Satisfactory DBS disclosure check, recruiters for nursery teacher assistant jobs look for candidates with relevant skills for working with groups of children aged 0-5 years. Applicants must be willing to work up to 40 hours a week from Monday – Friday with a salary expectation of £ 22’500 – £ 25’000 for a year.
Candidates should be able to:
- Ensure positive behaviour management of children.
- Perform housekeeping duties appropriately as needed.
- Implement policies and school Rules.
- Care and provide for children with Special Education Needs.
- Implement legal requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
Nursery teacher assistant jobs demand that teaching assistants:
- Support and create an environment that enforces the theory and practice of equal opportunities for all students, including those with Special Needs.
- Supervise the work of children assigned to them and give extra attention to students who need it.
- Demonstrate genuine love and care for all children.
- Create a stimulating learning environment that fosters the physical and cognitive development of the children.
- Nursery assistants must be able to act quickly during an emergency and use the proper procedures to remedy the situation.
- Must attend all staff meetings and training.
- Assist lead teacher in keeping development records and observations and accident, incident, and risk assessment records as appropriate.
- They must ensure adherence to children’s play health, security and safety policies while on school premises.
These are a few of the responsibilities recruiters look out for from candidates for nursery teacher assistant jobs.
If you are looking for a job in one of our nurseries across London, Middlesex, Surrey, Essex, and Hertfordshire, then contact us today at 0207 1188 994 or email your CV stating the role you want. Our job roles range from Nursery Practitioner, Early Years Practitioner, Nursery Teacher, Nursery Agency bank staff, Nursery Chef and Nursery Manager.
We’d love to see you join the Quint Education team!