Nursery Room Leader
£27,000 – £28,500 per annum + fantastic benefits
We are currently recruiting for a compassionate and committed Nursery Room Leader to take responsibility for the day- to-day running of a class/room within a highly regarded and well-respected nursery whilst ensuring a safe, enjoyable and engaging place to learn for children between 3 months and 1 and a half years old. This is a full-time permanent position with a trusted nursery who can offer the successful candidate a fantastic career opportunity along with excellent benefits.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Statutory Framework for Early Years Foundation Stage and welfare requirements are delivered to the highest standard.
- Build strong relationships with parents, children and welcome visitors to the Nursery.
- They are responsible for the general day-to-day running of a nursery group, ensuring that they are creating a stimulating, positive environment for young children.
- Promote high-quality childcare with fun learning activities and games.
- Communicate effectively with parents and carers about their child’s development and progress.
- Communicate with the authorities if/when needed.
- Ensure a high standard of inclusivity to ensure children with complex or additional needs are able to flourish and feel included.
What you will receive:
- Annual salary between £27,000 – £28,500 per annum
- Full time contract
- Lots of training, promotions and a good salary for the sector
- Generous pension at 7% from us (1% from you)
- 70% discount on childcare fees
- Up to 35 days off a year, including 8 bank holidays, 3 days off between Christmas and New Year, and your birthday (pro-rated for part-time hours)
- Sector-leading parental leave
- Many other benefits that take care of you, including access to the Headspace app, shopping discounts, annual conference and money for team celebration
The successful Nursery Room Leader will:
- Level 3 qualification or higher or QTS (for the QTS position)
- Clear DBS (Disclosure Barring Service)
- The ability to lead the team.
- A warm, caring, and patient nature
- The ability to work with young children and their families in a sensitive and positive way.
- Creative ideas for activities
- An interest in child development
- An awareness of child safety issues