Position: Apprentice Nursery Practitioner – working towards Level 3
Salary Banding: £11,024-£17,500
Hours: 40 Hours per week – Worked in shifts, 7:30am – 6pm
Benefits: Pension: 1% employer contribution; 1% employee contribution. 25 days holiday.
We are hiring for our client’s nursery located in Hornchurch
Main job Summery:
To be trained to achieve the position of a Nursery Practitioner and to assist the Room Leader in all areas of daily tasks. To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children.
This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Receive in-house training with online course work and regular supervisions from a nominated training provider, attending college where applicable. Apprenticeships are for one year and all work, including Level 2 Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (unless the candidate holds GCSE in these subjects grade C or above) are expected to be completed within this time frame.
- Attend team meetings and all out of hour’s activities.
- Support all staff and engage in the team.
- Under supervision provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding.
- Assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children.
- Ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds and stages of development.
- Keep rooms clean and tidy and ensure children’s folders are kept up to date.
- Provide adult interaction with children in the nursery and offer stimulating and varied activities.
- Be aware of the Nursery’s policies and procedures drawing particular attention to confidentiality and safeguarding.
- Contribute to good standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the nursery.
- Undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined by the trainee’s supervisor from time to time.
- Understand that as part of the training you may be required to move to other parts of the nursery.
•NNEB / CACHE, BTEC or NVQ in Childcare at Level 2
NB. Level 2 Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT will have to be sat and passed in conjunction with the course if no GCSE is held in these subjects
•Recent evidence of professional development
If interested please send me over you Cv’s and we’ll get in contact with you as soon as possible.